Amazing vintage home on South Capitol Hill
814 19th Avenue, Seattle WA 98122
Architecturally significant 1908 vintage Craftsman for creative living. 8-10BR & 4 bath home, one amazing architect-designed kitchen with two additional food preparation areas and many live/work options.
Perfect for extended family, Air B&B, co-living or amazing estate property — your home, your choice, your opportunity.
Beautiful original woodwork throughout, many original features, yet updated plumbing, wiring, furnace. Porte-cochère offers storage and covered parking.
Open House Saturday and Sunday, 1-4pm
* Basement bath features Milestone plaster on tub deck, surround and counter, limestone tile floor.
* Basement walls were bolted to the foundation and upgraded with structural sheathing around interior – a basic seismic upgrade to that level.
* Nearly all windows have been replaced with double glazed units (Kolbe & Kolbe sash replacements), new windows in kitchen are Marvin Wood series.
* All toilets are dual flush for water savings.
* Kitchen cabinets and island top are made from aniline dyed alder plywood (the bright red and oranges). Island has an epoxy bar top finish (could be buffed).
* Main floor has original oak floors with newer oak to match in kitchen area.
* Bath fans on all levels are upgraded Panasonic models.
* Basement unit has newer gas fireplace with remote, to supplement electric wall heaters
* Furnace is a gas direct vent model.
814 19th Avenue, Seattle WA 98122 has been listed as a
“In the opinion of the survey, this property is located in a potential historic district”
“This house embodies the distinctive characteristics of the Prairie style with eclectic details. It is important because it enhances our knowledge of vernacular architecture and residential development in Seattle and because it and its setting contibute to the historic streetscape. A one story dwelling appears at this location on the 1904-1905 Sanborn Map. W. E. Evans acquired this property in December of 1923.
This two story, frame Prairie style dwelling has a hipped roof with hipped roof dormers, the eaves of which flare slightly. The eaves are broad but enclosed and have decorative false rafter ends. The broad, low gable porch is supported by massive square columns set on a balustrade made of horizontal siding to match the house.”
Perfect Central Seattle Location
Near great businesses like Chuck’s Hop Shop, Ezell’s Chicken restaurant, Central Cinema and 20/20 Bikes store. Within walking distance to Capitol Hill business district, Pike/Pine corridor and Downtown Seattle, yet minutes from the Eastside.